developer: Amazing Games
publisher: Interplay Entertainment
Game mode: single player
Heart of Darkness is an action platformer with puzzle elements. The players assume the role of a small boy, Andy, whose best friend is a dog called Whisky, and the biggest enemy a school teacher. One day, the dog gets kidnapped by mysterious forces of darkness from another planet. Andy sets out on a journey in hope of rescuing his beloved pet. What awaits him, is an enthralling journey, full of intriguing locations, demons and other bizarre and mysterious adversities.
- Nearly unrestricted movement capabilities. Andy can climb, run, swim etc.
- 8 huge, rich levels, full of enemies, puzzles, and riddles.
- Over 30 minutes of pretty, animated cutscenes.
- Several alternative paths leading to completion of each level.
- Very carefully designed graphics, over 2000 frames dedicated to animating the protagonist; shadows and other visual effects.
- Interesting and funny story.
- Soundtrack created by Bruce Broughton, recorded by an authentic symphonic orchestra.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium 233MHz, 32MB RAM