developer: Paradox Development Studio
publisher: Strategy First
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1-8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Hearts of Iron is a real-time strategy game set during World War II. The developers from Paradox Entertainment, the studio that created the Europa Universalis series, advertises this game as the very first to feature both military and political events during the years 1937-1946. The map covers the entire world of that period, and the player has complete freedom in selecting the country to govern. He or she may even create a completely alternative timeline by, e.g., choosing different theatres of war.
- Advanced system of developing new technology (i.e. weapons and units).
- Unique political system with historical commanders and political leaders (the struggle between democracy, fascism and communism).
- Over 100 different land, naval and air units.
- Multiplayer mode.
- Built-in scenario editor allowing for constructing your own campaigns freely.
Game score 7.815 / 10 calculated out of 1432 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
- Pentium II 450 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- graphic card 4 MB (Riva 128 or better)
- Windows 98 SE/2000/XP