developer: Reality Pump
publisher: TopWare Interactive / Zuxxez
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: Internet / local network, players: 1 - 2
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Heli Heroes updates the old-school shoot ´em up arcade machine games to new dimensions on today´s PCs.
Developed by Reality Pump Studios (Earth 2150, World War III: Black Gold) the console style title is designed for both PC and X-box platform. The PC version will be finalized in autumn this year and shows the latest possible in fast action graphics and arcade gameplay. The player commands an AH-64 Apache Longbow or a Russian Hokum helicopter. The goal is to fly through various levels and carry out the mission objectives. During the mission player will find on the map, a different type of weapon and additional offensive and defensive systems. The game's look and feel is made up of a 3-dimensional landscape that the player flies his helicopter over, through and into. The story takes place in World War III scenario. The mix of reality and Sci-Fi missions vary from destroying Iraqi oilfields up to fighting against the big boss enemies in Alaska.
It all started, not with a bang, but with a whimper… Times are good. The Soviet Union has crumbled and the old enemies are long gone. Regions and states that were such flashpoints, like Libya, the Middle East and Africa are quieter than at perhaps any time in their histories. It hardly makes sense to maintain a large standing army anymore. So, responding to popular demand, politicians begin reducing military outlays and start automating their defenses. In order to keep dictators and terrorists from taking advantage o0f the situation, all tactical planning in each region has been given over to a computer. The system has direct command and control over the remaining troops and automatically controlled weaponry (such as the missile silos). Budding conflicts can even be solved by the computer alone. A total of 29 such systems are installed over time.
* Fast and fun to play - not too long and packed with intense action.
* The player can jump right in and start playing.
* No need to learn complex menus, keys or unit lists.
* Easy to understand missions with clear-cut goals.
* Support for all pads and joysticks.
* Single Player and Companion Mode for 2-player simultaneous play.
* Internet competition and campaign mode.
* High-quality graphics with support for Geforce 3 and other top cards.
* Resolutions from 640x480 to 2048x1800 in 16/32 bit color depth.
* Music in Dolby Digital 5.1, designed to enhance, not distract.
Game score 6.85 / 10 calculated out of 119 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
- Recommended: Pentium II 300MHz, 64MB RAM, graphic card