developer: TimeGate Studios
publisher: Strategy First
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Your life up until now has been nothing but a flickering shadow, a fleeting memory of a life long past. While searching for answers to your heritage, you stumble across a hidden family heirloom - a marvelous, golden disk embedded with gems. The amulet is attached to a chain that is obviously meant to be worn around your neck. As you slip it over your head, there is a sudden brilliant flash of light.
Flooded with an overwhelming sense of peace, you are transported back in time to the mystical world of Khaldun. You are not the man you once were. Awakened with memories of eons past and a newfound destiny to fulfill, you realize who you have become - you are the immortal Kohan.
Once the ruling power of the world, the Kohan is a lost civilization destroyed by massive cataclysms. Their immortal nature prevents them from an eternal death, allowing them to resurface.
Reborn and reawakened in a strange new world, you must now come to terms with your current destiny as you search for clues to solve the riddle to your race's destruction and return the Kohan to its rightful glory.
* Company based military command and combat.
* Attributes such as Fatigue, Morale, Zones of Supply, Zones of Control, and Visual Range are used.
* Terrain, formation, and company efficiency are taken into consideration in combat and movement.
* Advanced quest/trigger system.
* Hi-res (1024x768), 16-bit color graphics and selective anti-aliasing of units, buildings and spell effects.
* KIS boasts a lush landscape while retaining the strategic scope of the game.
* An exciting and engaging fantasy setting with a detailed background and many unique races, places, and magic.
Game score 8.5 / 10 calculated out of 117 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium II 300MHz, 64MB RAM