Railroad Tycoon 3 PC
The third part of the strategy game Railroad Tycoon, which originally debuted in 1990. This title again enables users to lead the development of a transport consortium specialising in rail transport.
Railroad Tycoon 3 Release Date PC
developer: PopTop Software publisher: Take 2 Interactive Official website
game language: English
Games similar to Railroad Tycoon 3
Railway Empire 2
Players of Railroad Tycoon 3 begin the game with a modest sum of capital at the beginning of the Golden Era of Railroading and expand their empire into major cities, while purchasing the latest locomotives, forcing competitors into bankruptcy, and exploiting the stock market to become the ultimate Railroad Tycoon.
As well as the 25 challenging scenarios to recreate magnificent feats of railroading history from around the world, players can also lay down track, complete with tunnels, bridges, and overpasses, then pick from more than 40 locomotives - from the original Planet and Norris 4-2-0 to monstrous late steam engines like the 4-6-6-4 Challenger to the ultra-modern EuroStar bullet train. Players will haul over 35 different cargos between more than 150 different buildings, in a dynamic and fluctuating economy. Manipulating Railroad Tycoon 3's realistic stock market with margin buying, short selling, hostile takeovers and mergers, players can build up a massive fortune and even prosper by running their railroad into bankruptcy.
* All new cutting edge 3D graphics engine with massive scalability (from eye in the sky views down to close-up train detail).
* 25 scenarios featuring locations and challenges from around the world.
* Extensive track building features including bridges, tunnels, and overpasses.
* Over 40 featured locomotives from the infants of steam power to modern day electric bullet trains.
* 35+ cargo types produced from over 150 different buildings operating in a dynamic economy.
* Improved stock market with margin buying, short selling, takeovers, and mergers.
* Multiplayer support with integrated chat and matchmaking services.
* Authentic music soundtrack features blues, bluegrass, and Americana tunes.
Last updated on 10 December 2007
Game mode: single / multiplayer Multiplayer mode: Internet Player counter: 1 - 4
Media type: 2 CD
User score: 8,5 / 10 based on 680 votes.
PEGI rating Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon 3 System requirements
PC / Windows
- Processor Pentium III 733 MHz
- 128MB RAM
- graphic card 16 MB
- 1.2 GB HDD