publisher: RTL Interactive
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 12
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Undulating hills, icy pistes, high speed: alpine skiers are some of the toughest sportsmen and often face extreme situations. Without being fit or the right technique you will not succeed. So practice your strength and ability to react as well as balance. Be ready for the big challenge!
In “Alpine Skiing 2005” for PC and Sony PlayStation®2, the player will compete on 48 graphically attractive tracks in the disciplines Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super G, and Downhill.
“Go for Gold”
In “Alpine Skiing 2005”, you are responsible for turning a sportsman into a top skier. And a top career needs a top manager! Your multiple tasks include drawing up a training plan between competitions, buying better gear, waxing the skis, taking on trainers and waxers, placing bets, negotiating sponsorship contracts, and editing the tour calendar.
After each competition there might well be unexpected events that influence your finances or your skier’s condition. Professional tables and a replay of the race with different camera views give the feeling of a real TV broadcast.
The menu is clear and easy to understand, facilitating a quick start even for the occasional player. Realistically changing weather conditions, lovely winter landscapes, and an enthusiastic public will bring the atmosphere of this fascinating winter sport straight to you.
High Long Time Motivation
- 48 tracks on twelve beautiful sites. Choose your favorite place and play!
- Easy to Use Career Mode. Develop your skier as perfectly as possible by continual practice and buying better gear.
- Well-informed Commentators. Hundreds of comments make you feel you are in a real sports broadcast on TV.
- Wide Range of Ski Equipment. Equip your skier with better gear: helmets, glasses, skis, suits, etc.
- Addictive Combination of Racing and Role Play. Distribute skill points and become an allrounder or a specialist.
- League System. Creates long time motivation: Start at the bottom and make your way straight to the top.
- Varying Degrees of Difficulty. Beginners are pardoned their faults. Professionals, however, play in Simulation Mode and are disqualified if they make faults (such as leaving out gates etc.).
PC / Windows
- Pentium 4 2 GHz
- 512 MB RAM
- graphic card 128 MB