Demon Scourge is the first "large" expansion for SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - a turn-based fantasy strategy from 2023 enriched with RPG and 4X elements. Similar to the "base game", the add-on was developed by the Austrian studio Owned by Gravity. THQ Nordic was responsible for publishing the expansion.
The land of Eo faces a new danger - the plague of demons. Monsters from hell are taking over new regions in order to draw the dormant life energy within them, which they want to use for their nefarious purposes. Moreover, hordes of trolls are descending from the mountains. They were expelled from the homes of their ancestors, and now they are ravaging cities and settlements in their path.
The player must deal with both problems, while discovering the connection between them. It can be done in two ways - by putting an end to the demons and thwarting their plans, or by allying with them on the way to a common goal.
Regardless of the strategy we choose, the expansion titled Demon Scourge introduces a lot of new gameplay features to the game. Among the most important ones, we can mention:
- demonologist archetype - the fourth (next to the alchemist, necromancer and artificer) character class that we can choose for our mage at the beginning of the game (each has different spells and skills, and also gives access to different buildings);
- school of occultism - a separate type of spells our protagonist can learn;
- 25 units and over 30 upgrades for them;
- 25 constructions that can expand the wizard's tower (the player's base, which can be moved to different areas of the map);
- two (initially) hostile factions - demons and trolls - and bosses in the form of demon lords;
- 120 main and side quests;
- two victory conditions.
In terms of gameplay itself, Demon Scourge doesn't bring any major changes to SpellForce: Conquest of Eo. The game still involves taking over the legacy of our Master, uncovering the secrets of his research, and fighting with other mages who want to keep these secrets for themselves. Thanks to exploring the map, completing quests, and gathering resources, we gain access to increasingly advanced buildings and more powerful units, which brings us closer to victory with each turn.
New tasks, units, upgrades, spells, and character classes significantly expand the mix of strategies that we can use to achieve the goal. The plot of the expansion takes place alongside the events of the "base game", making each subsequent session differ from the previous ones even more than before.
Demon Scourge is not a stand-alone expansion. This means that in order to play it, you must also have the base version of SpellForce: Conquest of Eo.
Last updated on 13 February 2024
Game mode: single player
PEGI rating SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Demon Scourge
SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Demon Scourge System requirements
PC / Windows
- Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz / AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- graphic card 4 GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / Radeon RX 570 or better
- 9 GB HDD
- Windows 10/11 64-bit
- Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- graphic card 8 GB GeForce RTX 2070 Super or better
- 9 GB SSD
- Windows 10/11 64-bit