developer: Free Radical Design
publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
Game mode: single / multiplayer
TimeSplitters has been improved in every way; bigger, faster smoother and more furious than anything you've ever played before.
- Totally immersive single player and co-operative story mode, featuring a complex narrative, and superbly animated cut-scenes.
- Nine time traveling episodes, each with their own distinct graphical style and mission objectives spanning time periods as diverse as the Wild West, Neo Tokyo 2019 and a Robot Factory in cold space.
- Huge detailed environments with interactive features and atmospheric musical score themed around levels.
- Over 90 characters and enemies, featuring the original cast, some of their ancestors and new renegades and lunatics that you'll want to kill!
- A vast variety of weapons to choose from through the ages, ranging from crossbows and blowguns to laser pulse rifles and flamethrowers.
- Furious 2 - 4 split-screen multiplayer action - the most exhilarating experience you get from your console!
- Customizable multi-player mode, scenarios including death match, capture-the-bag, escort, last stand, and more.
- Enhanced combat effects; screen shake, dramatic lighting, more reactive character hit animations.
- Massively enhanced Mapmaker enables you to create 'Story levels' as well killer death match scenarios
- And if you're feeling truly adventurous, you can link up 8 consoles together with the PlayStation� 2's iLink and have some serious hot-leaded action.
Sony PlayStation 2