Today will see the debut of another expansion for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. Dynasties of India will be available for download on Steam and Microsoft Store from 9 am PT.
Age of Empires welcomes to India
Previous two DLCs took us on a trip to different parts of Europe. Dynasties of India will send us to a completely different place.
The expansion will introduce three playable factions native to India: Bengalis, Dravidians and Gurdjars. Each of them will receive unique units and a slightly different style of play. The Dravidians, for example, will specialize in infantry and ships, but will not do much with cavalry.
Along with them, the players will receive three new campaigns based on events from Indian history. In two of them we will lead newly added factions, and in the last one we will take control not over Gurdjars, but over Tatars and Hindustanis.
The India Event in Age of Empires 2
Dynasties of India also includes twenty-three new achievements and a special in-game event that will run until May 12.
- For the first week, each day we'll receive a new task to complete - from playing any new nation through training a certain number of units of a certain type to destroying thirty buildings with battle elephants.
- The reward for these quests will be various visual modifications, such as burning "footprints" of the horsemen. All quests will remain available until the end of the event but only one of them will be completed each day.
- Remember to sign in to your Xbox Live account during the event to keep all these bonuses.
Patch full of changes
Developers of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition have also prepared something for all players - a new game update.
Patch 61321 brings with it a long list of fixes related to the game's performance (including eliminated an issue with pathfinding causing decreases in animation drops), graphics (including the cursor), sound, interface and many other elements. Gamers should be happy to know that the feature of joining other players' sessions via URL has been fixed.
- The developers have also worked on the gameplay, including issues with melee units temporarily idling after being issued an attack order, or villagers not planting on barren fields after leaving a garrison, etc. There were also changes to the story campaigns.
- Patch 61321 also includes balance adjustments in AoE 2: DE. Town Center can be repaired even without stone, and siege units have gained resistance to attacks that ignore armor. Individual civilizations have also been reworked, having their units strengthened or weakened, and nation bonuses rebalanced, etc.
The full list of changes can be found on the game's official website..