RTS fans have been playing Age of Empires IV for many months now, but Microsoft has not forgotten about the fans of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. The latter has just received an update, which introduces a lot of new content.
New content in patch 58259 for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
The patch is numbered 58259. Its biggest attraction are the novelties in the co-op mode (added last year).
- Two new campaigns for co-op play (Alaric and Saladin, offering five and six missions respectively).
- Jolly Co-op Event! - an event for the co-op mode that will last until February 14. Players can complete various tasks (e.g. win one co-op mission or build three markets in co-op mode) in exchange for rewards.
Changes in the lobby
The patch also introduced beneficial changes in private lobbies.
- We can finally play in ranked Deathmatch.
- The patch added an option to automatically balance teams when playing in this type of lobby.
More for You
Other improvements in patch 58259 for AoE2:DE
The update also brought a bunch of smaller changes and fixes.
- Improved stability and optimization.
- Fixes for visual and audio bugs.
- Improved interface and keyboard shortcuts.
- Reworked map balance.
- Improved AI.
- Improved mods and mission editor functionality.
Further development of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is planned.
The developers have also informed that this year they are going to continue developing Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition. They are currently finalizing plans for it and will soon announce what we can expect in 2022.
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition Review – Old But Solid Gold
- Age of Empires - official website