A teaser of the DLC has debuted online. It did not lack a few scenes with actual gameplay. You can find it below.
Microsoft has revealed the release date of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Return of Rome, the next DLC for the remake of the popular historical RTS.
- The DLC will debut on May 16, this year.
- On that day, the DLC will hit PC and Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles.
- The information released about the expansion so far is very modest. All we know is that it will introduce ancient civilizations to the game.
- Fans speculate that the new nations will include Romans (they are confirmed), Egyptians and Babylonians.
- These speculations are based on the only image released so far from the DLC (above), which shows representatives of these very empires.
Recall that Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition debuted in 2019 on PC. In turn, Xbox console ports were released in January this year. The remake proved so popular that the work on new expansions for it began. So far, three expansions have been released - Lords of the West, Dawn of the Dukes and Dynasties of India.
The creation of new DLC is not surprising. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is currently one of the most popular RTS games on the market. Yesterday, at the hottest time of the day, the game was played on Steam by 24,557 people simultaneously. For comparison - Friday's activity record of Age of Empires IV was 13 535 concurrent players.
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition Review – Old But Solid Gold