Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has set a new activity record on Steam.
- Yesterday, at the hottest time of the day CS:GO was played by 1,507,212 concurrent players.
- This year overall has been excellent for the game so far - in the last two months Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has set new records for the number of players several times.
- The increase in interest in CS:GO in recent days is partly due to the announcement of Counter-Strike 2, which in a few months will replace Global Offensive.
- CS:GO is also very popular on Twitch - yesterday, at the hottest moment of the day, broadcasts from the game were watched by 396,000 viewers at the same time.
- Players' love for CS:GO can also be well seen by looking at their reviews on Steam - counting those issued since the day of release, 88% of them praise the game, and if we consider only those from the last thirty days, the share of positive notes rises to 92%.
All this shows how great a powerhouse Counter-Strike still is. Years go by, and CS:GO continues to gain in popularity. Thanks to Counter-Strike 2 it can be expected that this good streak will continue for a long time to come.
Recall that CS2 is set to debut this summer. The game will be released as a free update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The switch to the new incarnation should be smooth - Valve will not change the architecture of familiar maps, and on top of that players will keep all their equipment from CS:GO, although at the same time all these items will be visually refreshed.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam