UPDATE: Parkiet editors updated its text with the all-important mention that was missing in its first version. However, it is about the budget, not the size of the DLC as such. Currently it reads: "'Yes, we are comfortable with the current state of work on the DLC,' informs a CD Projekt representative. 'He adds that it will be the largest DLC in the studio's history in terms of budget".
We learned something very interesting about Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. In an interview with Parkiet [in Polish] Marek Bugdol, in charge of investor relations, revealed that this will be the largest expansion in CD Projekt RED's output.
- This is an important declaration, as until now the developers' comments on the size of the expansion have been quite vague.
- It was previously explained that the design and nature of Phantom Liverty are different from those of the expansion for The Witcher 3, so it is difficult to directly compare these productions.
- Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine for The Witcher 3 were extensive expansions - each of them provided several hours of fun, so Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty promises to be very impressive.
- The large size of the expansion is pleasing, as Phantom Liberty will be the only expansion that will be released for CP2077.
CD Projekt, for now, is not ready to give a start date for the marketing campaign of the DLC. Instead, the studio confirms that work on it is proceeding according to plan. The company is pleased with the improved reception of Cyberpunk 2077, which is due to both the update and the popular anime Edgerunners. The developers believe that it bodes well for Phantom Liberty's success.
Unfortunately, we still do not know the exact release date of the DLC. All that is known is that the debut is expected to take place this year. The expansion will hit PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5.
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles (PlayStation 4 version review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play! (PC version review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website