Promotional campaign of EA Sports WRC (or simply WRC) is progressing quickly - not surprising, since the developers have to reveal all the information about their new creation over the course of two months (that's how long it will take from the official announcement to release). Today, a nearly 6-minute Gameplay Deep Dive video has hit the web.
It is a video consisting of a series of shots from the game (including fragments of gameplay), which discusses its most important elements, from route and car selection, to physics improvements, to available assist options for less experienced players.
Here are some of the more interesting changes compared to DiRT Rally 2.0, Codemasters' previous rally simulator:
- the asphalt driving model has been improved - one of the aspects of physics that were criticized in the earlier game - as well as "force feedback, aerodynamics simulation, drivetrain inertia, progressive braking and many other mechanisms operating under the hood."
- we get longer special sections, sometimes exceeding 30 kilometers (this is supposed to be due to the switch from the Ego engine to the Unreal Engine);
- we will go on the same routes at different times of the year, which will, of course, affect the weather conditions (especially in winter);
- in one of the menu shots, you can see that a field of view (FoV) adjustment option for external cameras has been added - this should significantly improve the impression of speed also for views other than those from the cockpit;
- we also have a chance to see some of the previously unavailable cars, such as the Citroen Xsara WRC and the Seat Cordoba WRC, not to mention the new hybrid rallycars of the Rally1 class - the full list of 78 machines included in the game can be found here.
Another video has been announced for next week, which will introduce us to the available game modes, led by Career and Constructor (which enables you to build your own vehicle from scratch).
Premiere of EA Sports WRC will take place on November 3 on PC, PS5 and XSX/S.. Users who pre-order the game will start playing three days earlier.
- EA Sports WRC - official website