I bring good news for all fans of Grim Dawn. Coming November 16, the popular action RPG from Crate Entertainment will receive update 188.8.131.52. According to the information from the creators provided via Steam, the patch will introduce a whole host of changes and novelties to the game, which will affect not only the gameplay itself, but also the visual layer or the modding function. I've listed the most important of them below.
- Scaling of normal and elite difficulty levels has been updated - on the former, more areas will be scaled to level 100, and on the latter - all areas.
- Devs redesigned the value and frequency of loot drops - the chance of an enemy leaving items behind has been reduced by 30-60%. To compensate for this, the quality of loot and the amount of dropped iron have been significantly increased.
- A dodge function has been added - the skill is assigned to the spacebar key and by default interrupts every other action to trigger an instantaneous jump in selected direction, offering a short window of invulnerability for the character.
- Health and energy potions have been removed - will be used like skills from now on and no longer need to be stored in the inventory.
- New accessibility features have been added - if necessary, players can, among other things, turn off fog and the day and night cycle (noon will be the default setting) or display a skill cooldown timer.
- The file size limit of community-created maps has been increased - modders will be able to design maps with a maximum weight of 4 GB (previously it was 2 GB).
The above list is only a tiny fraction of the changes coming to Grim Dawn in the upcoming update. If you want to know the details of the patch, I encourage you to visit this website.
The developers assure that the update will "usher in a new era" in the game before the next year's release of the Fangs of Asterkarn expansion. Given their commitment to the nearly eight-year-old title, it's no surprise that the game enjoys such a great reputation among players. At the time of writing this news Grim Dawn boasts as many as 86,824 reviews on Steam, 93% of which are positive.
- Grim Dawn Review – worthy heir to Titan Quest
- Grim Dawn on Steam
- Grim Dawn - official website