Another set of interesting information has appeared online regarding Grand Theft Auto VI. According to them the scale of the project was to be heavily trimmed compared to the original plans.
- This information comes from the usually very knowledgeable journalist Stephen Totilo from Axios. He cites a trusted source connected with Rockstar Games.
- According to him, the developers initially planned to include three cities and four playable characters.
- Ultimately, such a project turned out to be too ambitious and the game will supposedly feature one city and two characters, as reported a few days ago by Jason Schreier. According to his sources, a giant map covering a large part of the Americas was initially in the plans.
- The game is expected to receive additional cities upon release.
Over the past few years there have been many rumors regarding GTA 6. Some of them mentioned three playable characters. So it's possible that Rockstar Games had too much ambitions at the beginning of development and then successively reduced the scale of the project, cutting out cities and characters, until finally it was left with one metropolis and a pair of protagonists.
The cut-out elements could be completed at a later date and added in some form to GTA 6 as part of the game's post-release development, just as Schreier suggests.
As a final reminder, according to the aforementioned recent reports Grand Theft Auto VI will launch in 2024 at the earliest.
- Finally Something Solid on GTA 6; Jason Schreier Provides Details
- Rockstar Games - official website