Journalist Jason Schreier brings revelations about the game industry. In his latest article published on Bloomberg, he shared revelations about GTA 6 and changes in the work organization at Rockstar.
New information about GTA 6
Schreier provided some information about GTA 6. Among them we will find details about the setting and playable characters.
- The game will feature a pair of protagonists, one of them being female and a Latina, the other a male.
- The plot is to be inspired by the story of a pair of American criminals - Bonnie and Clyde. In additionm GTA 6 is to lack minority jokes, an element quite characteristic of the series.
- The action of the title is to be set in a "fictional version of Miami." So it's easy to guess that GTA 6 will take us to Vice City.
- The game's development turned out to be quite long. The main culprits for this are the coronavirus pandemic and changes in the work culture at the company (details can be found below)
Changes in work culture at Rockstar
In addition to the revelations about GTA 6, Schreier also revealed that Rockstar is undergoing major internal changes. These began in 2018 after a wave of accusations of poor working conditions at the company.
- People who, according to other employees, abused their power were fired from the company.
- A commitment was made to reduce crunch and move some contract workers to full-time positions.
- Health and vacation benefits were granted.
- Rockstar Games - official website