Today, December 13th, the demo of Gothic 1 Remake, developed by THQ Nordic, was released. The demo has been distributed to the press a few days ago, and now everyone can check out the teaser of the project. You can read our impressions (preview) of it in the editorial section. Here, we'll show you how to access the remake to make your own opinion.
How to get Gothic Remake on Steam?
The demo was released for free, but there is a catch. To get, you need to have any game from Piranha Bytes (Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3 or Elex) in your Steam library. In other words, you must have a Steam account with any game from Piranha Bytes.
If you already have a Steam account with a game from Piranha Butes, you don't have to look for the demo in the store. Just go to your library and you should find the Gothic Playable Teaser item there. Install it (you need about 10 GB of free space) and enjoy the game!
How to get Gothic 1 Remake on Steam step-by-step?
- Download and install Steam
- If you have any of Piranha Bytes’ games in the Steam library, go straight to step 3. If you do not have any, buy one of the games: Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3 or Elex.
- Find Gothic Playable Teaser in the library. Download and play!
Gothic 1 Remake System requirements
Gothic 1 Remake has not been optimized well. The hardware requirements of the game are as follows:
Minimal system requirements:
- Processor AMD FX-8320 (3,5 GHz) or Intel i5-4690K (3,5 GHz);
- 8 GB RAM;
- AMD Radeon RX or lub NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 z 4 GB VRAM;
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit)
- 10 GB on HDD.
Recommended system requirements:
- Processor Intel Core i7-3930K (3.2 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 GHz);
- 16 GB RAM;
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060;
- Windows 7, 8 lub 10 (64-bit)
- 10 GB on HDD.