Valve is working on a new project and many indicate that it could be Portal 3.
- The source of this speculation is Boyang Zhu, an artist employed by the company.
- His LinkedIn profile contained information that he has been working on an unannounced game for two years. Gamers quickly dug up another profile on the website, belonging to former Valve employee Michael Anderson, who has been working on the same project and describes it as a game that is expected to offer innovative gameplay mechanics, and focus largely on puzzles.
- It is worth recalling here that last year the writers of Portal admitted that they have a good idea for the next installment.
- Of course, it might as well be about a completely different project, so Portal fans should hold off on opening champagne for now.
Regardless of whether the game ultimately turns out to be Portal 3 or not, the mere fact that Valve now seems to be much more active is good news.. Two weeks ago, the studio announced Counter-Strike 2 and testing of that game is already underway. Over the past decade, many of the company's projects have encountered major problems in development due to, among other things, trouble with the Source 2 engine. These, however, seem to be a thing of the past now, so here's hoping that this will result in a much more productive team.
Recall that this month Portal 2 will celebrate its twelfth birthday. This also means we have been waiting for the third part for a very long time.. Over the years we have not been completely deprived of new experiences. Valve allowed other developers to capitalize on the brand, so we got the You Monster expansion for Defense Grid: The Awakening, and 2017 saw the release of Bridge Constructor Portal by Clockstone Software. In turn, last year Valve released Aperture Desk Job, a short free game from the universe designed to familiarize players with Steam Deck. All of these projects were noteworthy, but they can't replace Portal 3.
Waiting for the announcement of Portal 3, it is worth checking out fan adventures for the second installment.
Impatient with the lack of new official games from the series, fans rolled up their sleeves and developed a bunch of new adventures for the existing installments. If you're looking for fresh campaigns, we especially recommend those for Portal 2:
- A Minuted Millions
- Aperture Adventures
- Cosmogony : Packed
- Designed for Danger
- Dreams Of Science [DOS].
- Level with me
- Mind Escape
- NYS-5 Singleplayer Campaign
- Old Science Initiative
- The Den
- Wake Up