author: Adrian Werner
Resident Evil 4 Remake With Extensive Gameplay and Story Trailer
Capcom has shown new footage from Resident Evil 4 Remake. We also got to know the content of the game's special editions.
A Capcom showcase, organized for fans Resident Evil took place earlier today. A large part of it was dedicated to Resident Evil 4 Remake. We saw fresh videos, got to know the contents of special editions and learned something new about the game's length.
New footage from RE4 Remake
First of all, new videos have been released. The first is a story trailer, and the second offers a six-minute gameplay recording of the remake.
The videos enable us to see not only the improved graphics, but also how well-known characters such as Ada Wong, Ramon Salazar and Ashley Graham have changed. In addition, we can check out gameplay improvements, such as the ability to parry knife attacks with a chainsaw
Comparison with the original
Also worth mentioning is a video prepared by IGN, which compares the remake with the original, released in 2005 for the GameCube console.
Capcom also confirmed, that the refreshed version of the game will be more or less the same length as the original.
This is a very important declaration, since the company's previous remake, Resident Evil 3, was shorter than the original from the first PlayStation. This was met with a lot of criticism from gamers, and Capcom admits that it has heard those voices.
Special editions of RE4 Remake
Capcom also announced two special editions of the game.
The Deluxe Edition is expected to cost $69.99 and will include the basic version of the game along with the Extra DLC Pack, containing:
- Four additional costumes for the main character,
- the option to apply Hero or Villain color filters to the graphics,
- two additional weapons (Sentinel Nine pistol and Skull Shaker shotgun),
- a bonus virtual map, enabling you to find treasures that do not appear on other maps featured in the game,
- sunglasses for the main character,
- the possibility to replace the soundtrack with the one from 2005.
Price of The Collector's Edition, on the other hand, is unknown for now, but the bundle will offer:
- the game,
- Code to unlock the Extra DLC Pack,
- digital soundtrack,
- a figurine of Leon,
- a poster with a map of the game world,
- a large box styled like a crate, into which the aforementioned highlights will be packed.
Recall that the remake of Resident Evil 4 is headed for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 4. The release is scheduled for March 24, 2023.. Those who purchase the PS4 edition will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for free.
- Resident Evil 4 - official website