Thanks to a video by IGN, we learned some interesting things about the gameplay in Sons of the Forest, a horror-themed survival action game, which is a sequel to the popular The Forest from 2018.
- The game will feature companions who will help us survive.
- We will be able to have them complete a variety of tasks, such as gathering specific resources and bringing them to the base.. This will reduce the grind common in many survival games.
- We will also be able to give companions items and give them the command to follow our character.
- It is to be necessary to take care of good relations with our companions. Thus, it will be necessary to take into account their needs and not use them for everything.
- Such NPCs will include a soldier named Calvin, who has lost the ability to speak due to a head injury, and a mutant named Virginia, with three arms and legs.
- For now, it is unknown whether the player will have more than one companion. However, we do know that getting rid of such a character will require killing them, which suggests that only one NPC will help us.
It is worth recalling that Sons of the Forest will allow for both solo and cooperative play for up to eight people. The help of companions will also be available in multiplayer.
Sons of the Forest is heading exclusively for PC. The release will take place this February. It should be mentioned that The Forest also debuted only on PCs, but after some time it lived to see a console port. We expect it to be similar for the sequel.
- Endnight Games - official website