A new version of Choice of Destiny, a standalone mod built on the foundations of STALKER: Call of Pripyat has been released. The status of the standalone mod means that it is effectively a free fan game, as we are not required to own the original game. A similar solution is used by, among others, the iconic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly.
Choice of Destiny offers a new story campaign and a rich selection of side missions. This is a rare example of a STALKER mod, which emphasizes detective elements. After completing the main storyline, a free exploration mode is unlocked. The modification also offers three new large locations and a ton of additional models and textures.
- Choice of Destiny - download the mod from our FTP. (The authors have given us permission to host a mirror)
New version of Choice of Destiny has been marked with the number 0.2.5. Compared to the previous release there have been quite a few changes. All locations have been thoroughly refreshed, gaining heavily in detail. Four additional missions and previously unavailable vehicles were introduced. In addition, a new predator species in the form of blind dogs has appeared on the maps.
The engine was also improved (instead of continuing to develop their own version of X-Ray Engine technology, the developers switched to the better STCoP WP variant, developed by a different team of fans), resulting in nicer lighting and improved optimization.
Other notable standalone mods built on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly - a sandbox survival project, combining maps from all three parts of the series.
- Anomaly Expeditions - a graphically improved version of Anomaly, enriched with many additions.
- Call of The Zone - the project carries over the older modification Call of Chernobyl on the engine of Call of Pripyatand enhances it with sandboxed content, a new campaign and hundreds of side missions.
- The Journey - a modification with an extensive story campaign that takes place in a heavily altered Zone, two decades after the events of the original trilogy.