author: Kamil Kleszyk
Eternal Mod for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 Launches; Project Reimagines Iconic Strategy [UPDATE]
Eternal, a fan-made expansion for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II, gives the fans of this popular strategy game an excellent reason to return to the world of Relic Entertainment's game.
The creators, i.e. Team 39, have given us permission to host a mirror for Dawn of War II - Eternal on our FTP server.
It is also worth mentioning that the mod's beta has been updated to version 0.5.2. The new edition mainly brings bug fixes noticed by players during testing.
2009 saw the release of the next installment of the popular real-time strategy game series from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The work of Relic Entertainment, titled Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II won the hearts of gamers and, despite the passing years, still enjoys a large fanbase.
The unflagging popularity of the game is thanks in part to the aforementioned fans, who constantly introduce various modifications to the game. One of them is Eternal - an impressive project by user iToster.
Eternal beta available for download
The developer recently announced that the beta version of the expansion that has been in development for two years is ready and waiting for the players. The project is still in development, so the current list of content is not outstandingly impressive, although it makes a good impression as it is. Below are some new items that the modification is introducing to Dawn of War II:
- playable Space Marines, Imperial Guard and Eldar with complete features;
- five new maps;
- improved battle AI, which should be more aggressive and make proper use of new aspects of the modification, such as base building and research;
- eight "Eternalized" two-player maps, consisting of additional points and cleared starting areas.
It promises to be even more interesting
In time, the expansion will receive more features. Among them will be:
- the ability to expand the basic base;
- technological enhancement trees allowing for development of units on the battlefield;
- improved unit performance;
- a completely new soundtrack composed by the mod's creator;
- significantly revised user interface.
You can get acquainted with the details here, where you will also find a link to download for Eternal.
Beta Eternal - installation process
- Please note that the requirement to install the modification is to have the Retribution DLC.
- After downloading the modification file, unzip it and run the eternal.exe installer.
- The next step is to select the location where the Retribution DLC is installed.
- After completing these steps, a shortcut for Eternal will appear on the desktop, through which you can launch the mod.
Finally, let's add that iToster is asking the gaming community to inform him on Discord about bugs encountered in the beta. In turn, below you can watch a video, presenting Eternal in action.