Our guide to Victoria 3 compiles important information about the game's basics with a number of useful tips. We've described the game's interface and its main functions, tips on how to play the game as well as some technical matters, such as system requirements and accessibility settings.
- Victoria 3: Guide contents
- Victoria 3: Quick beginner's guide
- Victoria 3: Basics
- Victoria 3: FAQ
- Victoria 3: System requirements
- Victoria 3: Language versions
- Victoria 3: Game length
- Victoria 3: Game Editions
Victoria 3: Guide contents
The first section of the guide is dedicated to the game's basics, being especially focused on the interface. We've also listed the available game modes, explained Capacities, Lenses and your country's technological development.
In the FAQ section, we answer the most frequently asked questions. You'll learn how to change the game's speed and how to enable Ironman Mode. We also advise on how to keep your economy in a good condition and how to earn more money.
We close the guide out with the Appendix section, containing information on technical matters. You'll learn the game's PC system requirements, controls, accessibility settings and available language versions.
Victoria 3: Quick beginner's guide
- Complete the tutorials - Victoria 3 features some special training maps designed to teach you how the game works. Even series veterans should play through them to learn the changes and rules of the newest installment.
- Learn from your mistakes - Victoria 3 is a very complex game which can often overwhelm you with its multitude of options and dependencies between the game's mechanics. There's no single correct playstyle which is guaranteed to lead you to victory, so you should experiment and learn from the results to gain more knowledge and be able to predict the consequences of your choices.
- Keep gaining knowledge - the game features a very extensive hint system, which explains the functions, definitions and influence specific options have on your country. Sometimes it's worthwhile to pause the game with the Spacebar key and review these hints.
- Monitor the current situation - a special tab of this name lets you quickly learn about the most urgent matters related to your country. The game thus advises you what to do in order to make your state function better, avert possible crises or improve your economy.
- Make several decisions at once - most actions you can take require some time before they can be implemented. This mainly applies to creating or upgrading buildings. Instead of waiting for construtions to finish, keep going and focus on something else. Otherwise you'll waste your time.
You can find more tips on the following page: Beginner's Guide.
Victoria 3: Basics
This part of the guide describes the most basic mechanics of Victoria 3. We explain how the interface works, what game modes are available and how to use Lenses to implement regulations.
- Game modes - this page lists all available game modes along with their victory conditions.
- Game interface - this section explains how the buttons and shortcuts displayed on the screen work.
- Technologies - here you will find information about the technology tree and the Innovations necessary for research.
- Finance - this page covers money, gold reserves, national debt, and bankruptcy.
- Policy & Law - This page provides information on how to create new laws and their types.
- Formable Nations - here you will find a list of all countries that you can create during the game.
- Game start and end - on this page we present the dates when the game starts and ends.
Victoria 3: FAQ
This section of the guide contains answers to the most frequently asked questions, including how to change the game's speed, how to earn more money and how to enable Ironman Mode.
- How do I change the game speed? - this page explains how to speed up, slow down, pause and resume the game.
- How to enable Ironman Mode? - this page explains how to start the game with Ironman Mode enabled.
- How to make more money? - this page contains tips that will allow you to increase funds.
- How to create Trade Routes? - here we describe ways to create import and export routes.
- How to increase Standard of Living? - on this page, you will learn what to do to make the population more satisfied with living in your country.
Victoria 3: System requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bits
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz/AMD FX-8370 4.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660/Radeon R7 370
- Disk space: 10 GB
More information on the minimum and recommended hardware requirements can be found on the Hardware Requirements page.
Victoria 3: Language versions
Victoria 3 offers subtitles in several languages. The list of available languages can be found on the Language versions page of the guide.
Victoria 3: Game length
Victoria 3 is a complex and unique game. Its length depends on many factors - your settings, the game's pace, random events, successes and failures. This means a single game can last from several hours to dozens of hours. You'll find more information on the Game length page.
Victoria 3: Game Editions
Victoria 3 was released on October 20, 2022 on PC. The game can be purchased in two digital editions: Standard and Grand Edition, as well as in a physical version called Day One Edition.
More information on this can be found on the Game editions page.
About Victoria 3 Guide
Author : Krzysztof "Kris" Lewandowski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Victoria 3 Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Paradox Development Studio
- publisher: Paradox Interactive
- platform: PC
More About Victoria 3
Maybe strategy games are past their prime. However, this doesn't mean that the genre has been forgotten. We are still getting great games and 2022 was no different. Welcome to our summary of the best strategy released last year.
October begins, leaves are brown, sky is grey. For most of us, it is time where we're spending increasingly more time playing games. And while you should remember to get fresh air, this month should bring some great games.