This guide to Weird West serves as a compedium of knowledge about this isometric action RPG. The detailed information and advice listed in our guide will help you learn all the most important game mechanics, teach you the basics of combat and help you develop your characters.
The first major chapter of the guide focuses on the basics of Weird West. This chapter opens with the Beginner's Guide recommended for players new to this intriguing title set in dark fantasy Wild West. The following pages of the chapter discuss other important elements of Weird West, such as developing your character, combat, exploration, as well as the best abilities and perks you should upgrade ASAP.
The second major chapter of the Weird West guide is the FAQ section which offers answers to frequently asked questions. On the pages of this chapter you'll learn how to get a horse, where to find ore, how to upgrade items, reach seemingly inaccessible places, buy a bank vault, get a Skinning Toolbag, recruit and heal companions, expand your inventory and whether Weird West features multiplayer.
Our guide to Weird West ends with the appendix, where you can find, among other things, the PC system requirements, a detailed list of keybinds, information on the language versions as well as how much time you need to complete Weird West and earn the platinum trophy.
- Weird West: Quick beginner's guide
- Weird West: The basics
- Weird West: FAQ
- Weird West: PC system requirements
- Weird West: Language versions
Weird West: Quick beginner's guide
- Quick save: Weird West offers quick saving, which is incredibly useful, especially on higher difficulties;
- Inventory: Your character doesn't have unlimited space in their inventory, so you should pay attention to what you pick up while exploring or immediately convert unneeded items into resources. You can also store items in the bank to keep them for later;
- Horse: A horse is a key purchase, as it lets you travel across the map much faster. Horses come with saddlebags you can store additional items in;
- Lockpicks: While exploring you'll come across many locks you can open with a lockpick. If you invest into the Locksmith perk you'll have a significant chance of keeping the lockpick even if you fail to open the lock;
- Exploration: playing Weird West it's important to check every corner of the map, as you may come across hidden areas;
- Camps and towns: You should return to previously visited camps and towns from time to time, as some interesting quests may appear there;
- Upgrading items: Upgrading your gear is important later on in the game and requires a lot of resources, therefore you should collect ore and skin animals whenever you can;
- Movement during combat: stay mobile during combat whenever possible, otherwise you're an easy target. Practice backing off while shooting at the targets in front of you.
- Bounties: Towns contain notice boards dedicated for bounty hunters. They're a great way of earning more money;
- Character development: Weird West lets you develop your characters with abilities and Perks. Upgrading abilities requires Nimph Relics, while upgrading Perks requires Golden Aces of Spades. What's important is that your Perks transfer over to each new character;
- Hard-to-reach places: If you notice a place you can't reach try arranging some bags into a makeshift staircase.
More tips for Weird West can be found on the Beginner's guide page.
Weird West: The basics
Our guide to the basics of Weird West contains information regarding the basic gameplay mechanics.
- Combat: on this page of the guide you'll learn how to fight in Weird West. We explain how to hide from enemies, sneak up on them and use the environment during combat.
- Character development: this page explains how to develop your character in Weird West. You'll learn about the unlockable abilities and perks, as well as how to unlock them.
- Exploration: Exploration is essential in every RPG, and it's no different in Weird West. This page features information on Weird West's day and night cycle, fast travel, reaching seemingly inaccessible locations and pickpocketing.
- Best abilities: if you can't decide which class skills and weapon skills to upgrade first, this page of our Weird West guide should come in handy.
- Best perks: this page lists all the best perks you should start developing as soon as possible.
Weird West: FAQ
If you want to learn more about Weird West, check the pages below which answer the most common questions regarding the game. Answers to other important questions can be found on separate pages of the FAQ section.
- Horse - how to get?: Horses in Weird West not only serve as a means of transport but also as additional inventory space thanks to their saddlebags. You should obtain a horse ASAP - on this page you'll learn how to do so.
- Metal ore - where to get it from?: Weird West lets you upgrade weapons and increase their stats, but you need metal ore to do so. This page explains how to acquire this valuable resource.
- Items - how to upgrade?: Upgrading items is key to becoming stronger so you should do it on a regular basis. On this page of this guide you'll learn how to upgrade your equipment.
- Inaccessible places - how to reach?: while exploring Weird West you'll find many buildings you can freely enter. Some of them are locked, but they can often be entered in a different way - this page features advice on how to do so.
- Safe - how to buy a vault?: this page explains how to buy a bank vault to store items in.
- Skinning Toolbag - how to get?: you need a Skinning Toolbag to skin animals and obtain crafting materials - this page explains how to get it.
- Followers - how to recruit?: you don't need to explore Weird West's world alone. Throughout the game you can recruit followers who'll accompany you on your journey. This page of the guide explains how to recruit NPCs.
- Followers - how to heal?: the recruitable NPCs aren't immortal so you must know how to heal them when they're injured.
- Inventory - can it be expanded?: If your inventory seems to always get filled up, this page will tell you whether Weird West lets you expand it.
- Multiplayer - is it available?: this place explains whether Weird West features online or offline multiplayer.
Weird West: PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit;
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz / AMD FX-6100 3.3 GHz;
- Graphics card: 1 GB GeForce GTX 650 Ti / Radeon HD 7770 or better;
- RAM: 6 GB;
- Disk space: 16 GB HDD.
More information, including the recommended system requirements for Weird West on PC, can be found on the System requirements page.
Weird West: Language versions
Weird West features voice-over only in English and subtitles in nine different languages.
You can read more about it on a separate page of the guide: Language versions.
About Weird West Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Weird West Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: WolfEye Studios
- publisher: Devolver Digital
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE