developer: Haemimont Games
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Celtic Kings blends strategy, role-playing and adventure elements into one incredible experience. Both RTS and Role-Playing gamers will enjoy the experience of becoming the young Warrior Larax, who after losing his beloved one, has given himself to the goddess of war, Kathubodua. There are two modes of gameplay within Celtic Kings: adventure and strategic mode.
In strategic mode, you play against computer opponents or other players on the Internet exercising your strategic and tactical skills to achieve objective victory. You train and command many units, hire and develop heroes, acquire powerful artefacts and conquer strongholds and villages. Launch large-scale military campaigns against your foes to bring them to their knees. The game-play in this mode is similar to the traditional RTS gameplay.
In adventure mode, you control a party of heroes and explore the world as the struggle between Caesar and the Gaul chieftain evolves. Which side you will support? Will you betray your allies of yesterday? Will you follow the mysterious druids as they request your assistance? Command strongholds and large armies; take risky missions behind the enemy lines. Find powerful artefacts to support you. Make friends and foes as you try to reveal who are you and who you want to be.
* Large world consisting of many maps, which players can navigate at will
* Integration of character development and major battles
* Combined RTS and RPG experience
* Two sides to play with - Roman and Gaul
* LAN and Internet games with up to 8 players
* Random map generation
* In-game scenario/adventure editor
* Support for 5000 units on the map
* Intelligent unit behaviour controlled by scripting language
* Human-like AI opponents with different personalities
* Exceptionally detailed mini-map
* Support for 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with thousands of colors
* Textured 3D terrain with lighting that allows landscape views of unique quality
* Two zoom levels for better view and control
* Three different seasons selectable for any map
* Total of 55 different units with many animations.
Game score 7.2 / 10 calculated out of 693 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium II 300MHz, 64MB RAM