developer: Volition Inc.
publisher: Interplay Entertainment
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 2-12
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War promises a detailed and dynamic universe, taking space combat sims to new levels of action and realism.
* Engage massive capital ships and destroyers of unprecedented size and detail
* Feel ships explode around you with advanced physics and breathtaking effects
* Command intelligent wingmen & request reinforcements in real-time space combat
* Watch the Advanced AI system guide skillful wingmen and devious opponents, adapting to your abilities
* Swoop in and out of deadly 3D asteroid fields
* Advance in rank, earn medals and ribbons, gain more resposibility and features as your skills increase
* Listen to the event-driven music system tailor the soundtrack to the action
* Watch a detailed branching campaign unfold where your mission performances make the difference
* See high-resolution, breathtaking cinematic cutscenes with an epic storyline
* Create your own full-featured missions with FRED, our FreeSpace Mission Editor, included free!
* Play with up to 12 players via TCP/IP network
* Grab a microphone and talk to other players live during the action
* Track your statistics, rank, and medals against players from all over the world.
Game score 8.5 / 10 calculated out of 228 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium 233MHz, 32MB RAM, graphic card, sound card