developer: Most Wanted Entertainment
publisher : Sierra
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Since the end of the Cold War, the world has dramatically changed. The threats our military is asked to confront are vastly different from the past. We must not only prepare for the perils of today, but also develop capabilities that will ensure a robust capacity to deter and defeat future threats. Indeed, the dangers that confront us today were, in many cases, secondary yesterday.
It is indeed tragic that diplomacy has failed, but there are times when the use of force may be legitimate in the pursuit of peace. - Kofi Annan, U.N. secretary-general, March 24, 1999.
Joint Task Force™ is the real-time strategy (RTS) game where you command the frontline forces in tomorrow’s most hazardous conflicts.Lead twenty dramatic missions in explosive war-zones including the Middle East, Central Asia, and the Balkans.
Experience the evolution of warfare firsthand as you bring superior tactics and military technology to bear against dangerous and unconventional forces. No game has been so gritty or immediate.
Use the principle of combined arms to your maximum advantage. All battlefield units — including infantry, tanks, artillery, reconnaissance and helicopters — are strongest when used together. Your men’s lives depend on your level-headed strategy.
Joint Task Force™ is under development by the core team behind the best-selling Panzers: Phase One (2004) called “possibly the best war game ever made for the PC…” by PC Action.
* Elaborate story line, 5 campaigns and 1 tutorial
* Manipulate media and civilians
* Invest in your heroes; take them to the next mission
* News channel which provides background information and live coverage of battle
* Satellite recon at your disposal
* Several terrain types: Desert, Winter Valley, Rocky Mountain, Jungle and Cave
* Realistic physics for units and buildings
* Dynamic weather with effect on game flow
* Destructable terrain objects
* Multiplayer modes include: Domination, Deathmatch and Cooperative mode
* Campaign playable in multiplayer
* Multiplayer modes will be able to handle 8 players over LAN and internet. With a brand new multiplayer mode.
Game score 8.175 / 10 calculated out of 425 players' votes.
Expectations before the premiere: 8.3 / 10 calculated out of 10 players' votes.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium 4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, graphic card 128MB (Geforce 6600 or better), 5 GB HDD, Windows 2000/XP