developer: Kuju Entertainment
publisher: Rising Star Games
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network, players: 1-4
game language: English
game release date for PSP:
Beginning with a selection of training exercises to familiarise yourself with the controls, the game then moves straight into a series of increasingly challenging missions. Boasting a wide range of aircraft from all generations, Pilot Academy gives you the opportunity to fly the Boeing 747™, Spitfire, F-117 Nighthawk™, A-10A Thunderbolt II® plus an F-14 Tomcat® amongst many others.
* Pilot Academy offers commercial, private and military flight simulation with both single-player missions and challenges and multi-player aerial combat and delivers the most authoritative simulation ever seen on a handheld
* The game is built upon staggering technology and realism and features detailed landscapes from 30,000ft down to landing. With three regions to explore, each around 64km square, this handheld flight sim packs significantly more than its home console counterparts
* Controls offer the complexity of piloting a range of aircraft without insisting players are double-jointed plus Pilot Academy will provide specific vocal instructions for those who veer off course
* Up to four players will be able to take part in three different multiplayer games with the 'Deathmatch' mode available to any PSP owner whether they own a copy of the game or not
* Four eras of combat plane are represented from World War I through World War II and The Cold War to modern-day combat each with their own challenges. All types and sizes of civilian planes are on offer from crop sprayers to massive 300-seater passenger jets and everything in between with appropriate challenges for each class. Stunt aircraft will test dexterity whilst commercial aircraft will demand other skills such as emergency landings in fierce conditions
* Each successful completion of a challenge allows players to select other planes and scenarios every one unique to the class of aircraft they are currently piloting. Records and achievements are recorded providing further incentive to replay missions and challenges for additional reward
Game score 6.5 / 10 calculated out of 28 players' votes.
- Uses: memory card