Sid Meier's Antietam Release Date PC
The name of Sida Meier in the title is a sufficient recommendation for all fans of the strategy. The creator of such hits as Civilization or Alpha Centauri this time took care of the American Civil War and, as befits him, he did it perfectly. Sid Meier's Antietam is another position after Sid Meier's Gettysburg belonging to the Fireaxis Games Civil War cycle.
Players can move here to these turbulent times in the history of the United States and lead the troops of one side, the Union or the Confederacy in the Battle of Antietam. The game reproduces in detail the realities of the battles at that time, and advanced AI is responsible for the movements and reactions of soldiers and the tactics of the opponent. On top of that there is an elegant three-dimensional map that gives us a full picture of the ongoing struggle and intuitive and well thought-out control, which gives us the strategy of the highest quality.
- Excellent representation of the battlefield of those times, a detailed reconstruction of the troops of the fighting parties, their formations, tactics, etc.
- Intuitive interface, simple control giving us full control of the military.
- A detailed three-dimensional map on which battles take place, depicting the area from the Civil War.
- The advanced AI, realistic relationships between formations and types of units, e.g. artillery fire causes such losses among the attacking infantry as he actually did.
- Single and multiplayer gameplay options via the local network and the Internet.
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description.
Last updated on 10 December 2007
Game mode: single / multiplayer Multiplayer mode: Internet
Media type: 1 CD
User score: 7.6 / 10 based on 27 votes.
Age restrictions Sid Meier's Antietam: 12+
Sid Meier's Antietam System requirements
PC / Windows
- Pentium 166MMz
- 32MB RAM