Half-Life 2: The Orange Box is a special kit designed exclusively for PeCetach and next-generation desktop consoles - PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. This package allows users of these platforms to familiarize themselves with three Half-Life 2 electronic and entertainment products, as well as two additional games. Of course, all included items belong to the genre of FPS and are based on the famous Source engine, which is responsible for e.g. impressive three-dimensional graphics and realistic physics. Here are names of individual components of this set together with short characteristics:
- Half-Life 2 - the second part of the 1998 PC hit, made available in its original form only to the owners of personal computers and Xboxes of the first generation; the plot presents the story of a scientist named Gordon Freeman, whose companion is Alyx Vance; the action is connected, among others, with the city named City 17 and the extraterrestrial race (Combat), occupying the mother planet of people.
- Half-Life 2: Episode One - the first official extension of "two", originally published only in PC version; the script shows the future of Gordon and Alyx, developing the existing threads and serving completely new elements.
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two - another addition to Half-Life 2, prepared by Valve Software's team; in relation to both of the above items, the main eye-catching thing is the relocation of the action place to the out-of-town areas; of course, the Freeman-Vance duo is still trampled by aliens from the Combat on their heels.
- Portal - an interesting combination of arcade and logical elements, shown from the first person's perspective; we have an energy thrower, allowing us to create portals leading to other locations in the given locations - all in order to solve riddles prepared by developers.
- Team Fortress 2 - continuation of the memorable computer multiplayer shooting; players play different characters (engineer, soldier, doctor, sniper, pyrotechnic, etc.) and fight team battles, using the unique skills of the characters of their choice; the comic character of the game draws attention (visible mainly in graphics and humorous accents).
Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions regarding this description
Game mode: single / multiplayer Multiplayer mode: Internet
Media type: 1 DVD
User score: 8,4 / 10 based on 929 votes.
PEGI rating The Orange Box
The Orange Box System requirements
- Xbox Live
PC / Windows
- Pentium 4 3 GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 5700 or better)
- 17 GB HDD
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Internet connection