author: Adrian Werner
More Assassin's Creed Games in the Pipeline; 10 in Total
According to new rumors, Ubisoft is working on three additional Assassin's Creed games. In total, as many as ten projects from the brand are expected to be in development at the publisher's various studios.
Credible reports of three new projects from the Assassin's Creed brand have emerged. The source of the rumors is Tom Henderson's Insider Gaming website.
Three new Assassin's Creed projects
The code names of the three games are: Nebula, Raid and Echoes.
- Nebula is a project developed by Ubisoft Sofia, the co-developers of Assassin's Creed III: Liberation and Assassin's Creed Rogue. In the game we are to visit India, the Aztec empire and the Mediterranean.
- Ubisoft's division located in the Chinese city of Chengdu is working on the project Raid, which is a PvE cooperative game for four players. The title is expected to enable us to take on the role of famous characters from the Assassin's Creed series.
- In turn, Ubisoft Annecy, known for its multiplayer modes in various installments of AC and Splinter Cell, as well as co-development of The Division 2, is working on the project Echoes, which is to be a multiplayer game using Ubisoft's cloud-based Scalar technology.
- These projects are at a very early stage of work - at the moment the devs are only creating concepts for these games and the first prototypes. So it is difficult to say with 100 percent certainty whether they will be realized at all.
10 Assassins in development
Reports of these three games mean that Ubisoft is currently working on as many as ten games from the brand:
- Five of them (Assassin's Creed: Mirage, Assassin's Creed: Jade, Assassin's Creed: Hexe, Assassin's Creed: Red and Assassin's Creed: Infinity) have already been officially announced.
- Added to this is the multiplayer-oriented Assassin's Creed: Invictus and a yet-to-be officially disclosed VR game called Assassin's Creed Nexus, which, by the way, is expected to be so successful that the publisher is already considering a sequel.
One major installment per year
- Ubisoft is to return to releasing one major installment of the series every year and smaller spin-offs will be added. To prevent brand fatigue, each of these games is expected to be significantly different from the others.
- Insider Gaming's article also reports on planned release dates. Assassin's Creed: Mirage is expected to be released this August, and a few months later we will get Assassin's Creed Nexus. In 2024, we are expecting the release of Assassin's Creed: Red, in 2025 - Assassin's Creed Invictus, and in 2026 - Assassin's Creed: Hexe.
Recall that the first of these games, i.e. Assassin's Creed: Mirage, is headed for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5.
- Ubisoft - official website