At the beginning of the year, Blizzard Entertainment announced that it was working on a survival game set in a new universe. Now we have learned more information about this project.
- The source of the reports is a journalist with a good reputation for leaks, Jez Corden, who revealed them during The Xbox Two podcast.
- He claims Blizzard's new project is operating for now under the temporary title Odyssey.
- In terms of visuals, the game is expected to resemble Everwild and Fable Legends. So we can expect a colorful setting in slightly cartoonish style.
- The game will use a first-person perspective.
- The game is expected to be a classic online survival game, in which the players will gather resources, construct items and buildings, and fight using melee weapons, bows or magic.
It is worth mentioning that, according to earlier reports work on the game began in 2017, and it is now in an advanced stage. Odyssey is already supposed to be playable and is receiving very good feedback from Blizzard studio employees, who are not directly involved in the title.
Recall that in addition to this online survival game, Blizzard is also working on, among other things. Overwatch 2, whose early access will start in October, and on Diablo IV with a release scheduled for next year.
- Blizzard Entertainment - official website