A few dozen hours ago rumors about the future of Cyberpunk 2077 have surcafed on the web, assuming. among other things, renaming the game to CP2077: Samurai Edition along with the release of patch 1.5 and the announcement of the first expansion. The information from these reports sounded quite fantastic, and what's more, their source was an anonymous account on 4chan, so we didn't inform you about them until now. Now, however, CD Projekt RED has officially responded to these speculations, denying that they're true, so we thought it worth bringing you up to speed when you come across them online. Especially that the studio's PR officer's disclaimer was worded in such a way that it does not rule out the fact that some of these reports may be true and some of them seem like fairly obvious improvements. Treat the following information as interesting speculation, which may or may not turn out to be true.
Debunked rumors about the future of Cyberpunk 2077
- In February CDPR is expected to announce patch 1.5 and the first expansion for CP2077;
- The update will improve the interface, AI and item balance, add new side missions and expand many elements of the campaign;
- Along with the release of the patch the game is to be subtitled Samurai Edition;
- The first expansion will take us to the Pacifica region, a place of a turf war between two gangs;
- A second expansion is in the planning stages, but will depend on the reception of the first one;
- CP2077 is to receive a minigame with multiplayer mode.
According to reports from 4chan, patch 1.5, incorporating many changes and upgrades for next-gen consoles, would act as a soft-relaunch, and with its release the game would be renamed to Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition to let players know that this is a heavily upgraded build compared to the version that debuted in 2020.
An official stream would take place next month, during which the developers would reveal patch 1.5 and the first expansion, as well as show the first footage from the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime by studio Trigger.
Patch 1.5 would feature hair salons, a garage for player use, improved AI, a completely reworked item balance, a new interface and a transmog system. The update would also improve and expand many other elements of the game. For example - Judy and Panam would send us more messages during the story.
Patch 1.5 would be accompanied by a free DLC with four additional weapons, a new game plus mode and more side missions and options to modify the interior of the player's apartment.
The rumors also claim that during the stream CDPR would announce a new DLC, which would be set in the Pacifica region. It would have a large size and would be a place of war between gangs Bozos (psychopaths styling themselves as clowns) and Slaughterhouse (also psychopaths, but with a fascist streak). The atmosphere of the new locations is described as resembling the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. The next major DLC is reportedly already in the early planning stages, but its creation is said to depend on how the first expansion is received.
Furthermore, according to these reports Cyberpunk 2077 is set to receive a minigame comparable to Gwent. Players would collect characters in cyberspace and put them into turn-based battles against AI or other humans in competitive mode.
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles (PS4 Version Review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!(PC Version Review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website