Today marks the launch of the second stage of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II's beta testing, this year's installment of the popular FPS series.
- The game will launch today at 7:00 PM CEST. Preloads are already available.
- For PC and Xbox console owners, testing will be available exclusively for users who preordered the game. On the PS4 and PS5, on the other hand, they are to be open, allowing all interested parties to play.
- On PC and Xbox consoles, those without preorders will be able to join the beta starting September 24.
- The tests will come to an end on September 26.
Recall that the first stage of the beta was organized last week in two phases (September 16-17 and 18-20), but only owners of PlayStation consoles could take part in these tests.
It is worth mentioning that in the second stage players will be able to check out the crossplay option, enabling owners of different hardware platforms to play together.
Compared to the version released last week, the new beta is expected to offer several improvements, making it easier to detect where shots are coming from, for example by increasing the visibility of muzzle flashes. Interface bugs will also be fixed.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will debut on October 28, this year, simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - official website