- Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt, assured that Cyberpunk 2077 will not be abandoned;
- Almost half of the entire team from CDP RED, which was associated with the title from the beginning, is working on the game;
- In addition, the company is trying to bring the game back to the PS Store.
Over a month ago, Adam Kicinski, the CEO of CD Projekt, revealed that the company has no plans to abandon Cyberpunk 2077. During yesterday's Q&A regarding Q1 2021 earnings, this topic was revisited. Kicinski assured that a large part of the team responsible for the game is still working on it.
"We intend to fulfill the promise we made to the players in January. While we're already seeing significant improvements, a huge part of the team is continuing to work to make sure that Cyberpunk will deliver an even better entertainment experience for players."
Kicinski said that almost half of the team is currently working on Cyberpunk. They're focused on delivering more updates to fix the bugs still present in the game. They will work on them until the game meets the requirements set by the players. The rest of the staff has been delegated to other, yet unannounced projects. However, no information was revealed about them.
During the Q&A session a question touched on the continued absence of Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store. Just a few days ago Adam Kicinski informed that the game's return to the store depends on Sony. Now, however, it was revealed that the company is actively working on solving the problem.
"There are certain indicators that we have to meet. [...] We can't go into details about what stage we're at. However, the process is progressing. We're in talks, and decisions will be announced when there's something to announce."
So it looks like Cyberpunk 2077 is slowly getting back on track. In the coming months we can expect improvements that will make the game closer to what was initially announced. At the same time they may influence Sony's decision on the game's return to PS Store. For now, we can only wait for further announcements.
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles (PS4 version review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play! (PC version review)