author: Agnes Adamus
Dual Wield in Dark and Darker Explained
Dark and Darker has the option of fighting with two weapons. Find out exactly how dual wield works.
Dark and Darker is a combination of a dungeon crawler and a battle royale game. In the game, players go into dungeons and fight each other for treasures. The title is currently in the playtesting phase, available to anyone interested. If you take part in them yourself, you can probably have doubts about how some mechanics work. One of them is fighting with two weapons. Here you will find an explanation of this issue.
- Dark and Darker - how does the dual wield work?
- Dark and Darker – dual wield tips
- Dark and Darker playtest
- Dark and Darker Guide
Dark and Darker - how does the dual wield work?
Dark and Darker enables us to fight with two weapons. However, this system is not entirely clear and can cause some problems. In general, its principle is quite simple. In the inventory of your characters you have slots for weapons. You can place two items in them - a primary and a secondary item - it can be a weapon or a weapon and a shield.
If you want to use dual wield, then put offensive weapons in both slots. However, there is a distinction between categories of weapons in Dark and Darker. This means that in the main slot there must be a weapon with the Primary Weapon tag. In the second slot, on the other hand, one that is marked with the Secondary Weapon tag. Otherwise the loadout will not work.
If you do not have the right weapons, you can always get them in the course of the game. There are two ways to do this - purchase them from Weaponsmith before entering the match or find them in the game world.
Dark and Darker – dual wield tips
- Of course, you must keep in mind that if you want to dual wield, the weapons cannot be two-handed.
- Good examples of secondary weapons are daggers. But be careful, as it is not always true. In most cases, they are classified as secondary weapons, but some variants are recognized by the game as a primary weapon.
- The usefulness of the dual wield is debatable. Some players praise this solution, others do not. Play as you are comfortable.
- If you opt for Dual wield, choose the fighter. They have a special perk that adds a 15% bonus to attack speed when using 2 weapons.
Dark and Darker playtest
Dark and Darker is currently in the closed playtest phase. Anyone can request access, via Steam and download demo. The current round will last until February 13. You can find details about it here.
Dark and Darker Guide
If you want to learn a lot more about the game, then you must read our guide – Dark and Darker Guide. There you will find all the necessary information.