author: Damian Gacek
Dark and Darker Guide
In this Dark and Darker Guide we discuss spells, classes, skills and many important mechanics. You will get to know the game better thanks to us.
Dark and Darker is a game in which the players travel through underground dungeons. However, they are not alone there, they are hindered by other adventurers and various beasts. Many of them summon friends to help. This Dark and Darker guide covers various important issues needed to survive in this hostile environment – spells, classes, builds and more.
Remember that Dark and Darker is under development. The articles presented below may therefore become outdated as further updates are made.
- Dark and Darker Guide – Classes and Builds
- Dark and Darker Guide – Spells and Skills
- Dark and Darker Guide – Enemies
- Dark and Darker Guide – Gameplay Mechanics
- Dark and Darker Guide – Economy
- Dark and Darker Guide – Technicalities
Dark and Darker Guide – Classes and Builds
- Classes – there are six playable classes in Dark and Darker. They differ greatly from each other - they have different skills, as well as strengths and weaknesses. It is therefore worth getting to know them all. You can do this here: Dark and Darker - list of all classes and their features.
- Best class – many players wonder which classes are best. It is important to consider what you want to use a character for. Different skills may be useful for traversing dungeons alone and others for a group journey. In this article, we address this topic: Dark and Darker - Best Solo and Party Class.
- Rogue – this is the most deadly class. It works very well for solo play and ranks high on leaderboards. You can find out more about it thanks to this article: Dark and Darker - Rogue Build and Guide.
- Fighter – is a versatile class, very good for starting out. It allows you to equip a variety of weapons and solid armour. You can read about it on this page: Dark and Darker - Fighter Build and Guide.
- Ranger – this character allows you to kill enemies from a distance. This is extremely useful in a world where every blow takes a lot of your health. Read about it here: Dark and Darker - Ranger Build and Guide.
- Wizard and Cleric – You will learn more about these classes and their magic on a separate page presented in the next section of this guide (Spells).
Dark and Darker Guide – Spells and Skills
- Spells – the latest update introduced interesting changes to the spell mechanics. These are discussed here: Dark and Darker Spells Guide - Wizard and Cleric Explained.
- Reviving – this is an extremely important skill if you are playing in a team. It is useful to know how to help a fallen comrade. If you want to learn more, read this: Dark and Darker - How to Revive Teammates.
- Dual wielding – in Dark and Darker you are not limited to wielding one weapon. You can hold two weapons in your hands. However, this is governed by certain rules. These mechanics are discussed here: Dual Wield in Dark and Darker Explained.
- Pickpocket – is one of the skills of a thief. It allows you to steal from other players. However, its use is risky. Find out how to benefit from it: How to use Pickpocket in Dark and Darker.
Dark and Darker Guide – Enemies
- List of Bosses – on this page you can learn about all bosses that have so far appeared in the game: List of Bosses in Dark and Darker
- Wraith – one of the strongest opponents in the game. It is capable of causing difficulties even for an entire team of adventurers. Rare, but deadly. You can read more about it here: Dark and Darker - Wraith Explained.
- Ghost King – another boss that cannot be underestimated. It imposes debuffs on the opponent and has a group of dangerous minions close at hand. Read everything about it here: How to Defeat Ghost King in Dark and Darker.
- Cave Troll – a new boss, added in the February playtest. For the time being, you can only find it on the solo map Goblin Caves. You can read more about it here: How to Defeat Cave Troll in Dark and Darker.
- Centaur Demon – big, fast and deadly. This is how this opponent can be summed up in a few words. On this page you will read tips on how to fight this boss: How to Defeat Centaur Demon in Dark and Darker.
- Skeleton Champion – This is the most dangerous form of skeleton. This opponent is fast and can protect itself with a shield. More information about it can be found here: How to Defeat Skeleton Champion in Dark and Darker.
- Lich – a formidable opponent, it has also a group of skeletons to help. You can read more about it here: How to Defeat Lich in Dark and Darker.
Dark and Darker Guide – Gameplay Mechanics
- Extraction – the only way to keep your loot between games is to escape the map. You will do this thanks to the portals. If you want to find out how to extract from dungeons, then read our article: Dark and Darker - How to Extract; Portals Explained.
- Mining – some players do not know that in Dark and Darker you can become a miner. Raw materials are needed to create powerful items. This article discusses the matter in detail: Dark and Darker - Ore and Mining Explained.
- Ancient Scrolls – mysterious objects with an unclear purpose. Learn about them on this page: Ancient Scroll in Dark and Darker Explained.
- Campfire – the use of campfires can determine the life or death of your character and your team. This mechanic allows you to rest and regenerate your strength. You can read more about it here: Dark and Darker - Campfire Mechanics Explained.
- Physical Healing and Magical Healing – healing in a game where you often lose health is very important. Have you ever wondered what the difference between these two statistics is? Here you will find the answer to that: Physical Healing and Magical Healing in Dark and Darker.
- Physical Power vs Magical Power – you can’t forget about basics. Understanding of the game starts with them: Physical Power vs Magical Power in Dark and Darker - Classes, Skills and Perks.
- Unique gear – a good player is a prepared player. If you wonder how to get unique items and weapons, read our guide: Unique Weapons and Items in Dark and Darker; Rarity of Equipment Explained.
Dark and Darker Guide – Economy
- Heart Candy – is a unique currency that can be exchanged for powerful items. Read about it here: How to Use Heart Candy in Dark and Darker.
- Silver Coin – a valuable loot, although undervalued by many. However, it is worth collecting in order to become rich. Information on this can be found here: What to Do with a Silver Coin in Dark and Darker.
Dark and Darker Guide – Technicalities
- DX11 – February's playtest brought the DX11 implementation to the game. If you want to know what this means for players, visit this page: Are You Puzzled by Dark and Darker with DX11? We Answer What DX11 is.
- Voice chat – another new feature in the February playtest. You can now talk to others. We discuss this feature, as well as push to talk, here: Push to Talk in Dark and Darker; How to Use Voice Chat.
- Goblin Caves – is a new map added in the February playtest. It is a gigantic novelty as it is designed for solo players. You can find out more about it here: Goblin Caves in Dark and Darker; New Map for Solo Players.
- Karma – if a player on your team is unhelpful or even disruptive, you can now fight it. Report toxic companions. You can read more about it here: Karma System and Adventure Currency in Dark and Darker.
- Steam Deck – if you wonder how to play comfortably on Steam Deck, you have to read our article: Dark and Darker - Steam Deck Settings; Play Comfortably.