Shiro Games has released the long-announced big patch for Dune: Spice Wars, a strategy game currently in early access.
- The biggest news is the addition of Conquest mode. In this gameplay variant, we choose one side of the conflict and play a series of scenarios in which we try to conquer the entire map, along the way unlocking numerous upgrades for our faction.
- Conquest mode is designed so that it can be played repeatedly without feeling bored. A single completion of this gameplay variant is expected to take about 10 hours;
- The patch also introduces five extended tutorials, which familiarize players with all the most important gameplay mechanics.
- New buildings have also been added.
- There were also gameplay balance improvements and bug fixes.
Dune: Spice Wars is available exclusively on PC. The game debuted in Early Access on April 26, 2022, and for some time it has also been available as part of Game Pass. The developers expect version 1.0 to debut later this year.
The game has been widely acclaimed. On Steam 82% of player reviews praise the game, which is categorized as a "very positive" reception.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that currently Steam offers a discount on the game, in which the price has been reduced by 20%. The offer will remain valid until June 29.
- Dune Spice Wars - game guide
- Dune: Spice Wars on Steam