Modder Hayssam Keilany has shared screenshots from version 4.0 of iCEnhancer, the wildly popular modification that improves the graphics of Grand Theft Auto IV.
- These are the first new materials from the mod in a long time.
- The mod's official website was recently rebuilt. It now has a heavily simplified form with a notice that it is "under construction" in preparation for the release of iCEnhancer 4.0.
- Fans hope this suggests that work on the modification is nearing completion.
- The previous version, iCEnhancer 3.0, was released in 2014.
- The developer reported that work began on the 4.0 release in 2015, so we've been waiting seven long years for the project.
Recall that iCEnhancer is a mod that aims to increase the visual realism of the game. This is achieved through changes to the color palette and significant improvements to the lighting system, as well as the introduction of additional visual effects.
Version 4.0 of the mod will be called iCEnhancer 4 & RevIVe Mod. Among the promised new features are volumetric clouds, improved water effects, new tree models, more advanced reflection effects and nicer night shadows.
We are also expecting iCEnhancer 4 & RevIVe Mod to finally offer support for the game's latest update. In this regard Grand Theft Auto IV is quite peculiar, as the differences between the different versions of the game are significant. Each edition after 126.96.36.199 has strong limitations in terms of ENB shaders, which many mods use. As a result, many fans make use of projects like PATCH DOWNGRADE, which enables you to rollback GTA 4 to version 188.8.131.52.
Up to now, subsequent versions of the mod have been developed with specific releases of Grand Theft Auto 4 in mind. Therefore, assuming you have version 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 of the game, you should use iCEnhancer 3.0, from the list on the displayed website. On the other hand, if you are playing on the latest available version of GTA 4 then for now you have to rely on unofficial modifications of this mod, such as iCEnhancer 3.0 Natural by DayL.
- iCEnhancer - official website