When the level editor was first presented for Songs of Conquest we predicted that the mods developed with it would enjoy great popularity. The latest reports show that we were right.
- Lavapotion boasted, that fan-made maps for Songs of Conquest have already been downloaded more than 250,000 times.
- This result was achieved in three months since the release of the editor.
- Mods for Songs of Conquest can be downloaded from the official website with fanworks, organized as part of mod.io.
- At the time of writing this news, 226 modifications are available on the aforementioned website. Most of them are maps for multiplayer, but 71 levels are designed for solo play against the artificial intelligence.
The popularity of the map editor is not surprising. Songs of Conquest is modeled on Heroes of Might and Magic II and Heroes of Might and Magic III, and both of these games, despite their age, continue to receive new mods.
Recall that Songs of Conquest debuted in early access on May 21, this year. The game can be played only on PC.
Since its release, the game has been actively developed. Updates have already introduced the feature of simultaneous turns, improved the multiplayer and interface, and added new map configuration options.
We are also expected to receive one additional campaign, a random map generator, and improvements to battles, multiplayer and the level editor this year.
- Songs of Conquest - game guide
- Songs of Conquest - official website