Daedalic Entertainment has released the first FAQ about The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, in which the creators answered the most frequently asked questions about the game.
- The plot of the game takes place parallel to the initial parts of The Lord of the Rings, following Gollum's journey to Mordor, his capture by Sauron, and his meeting with Gandalf.
- The creators chose Gollum as the main character, because he is not only one of the most interesting characters from Tolkien's works (in their opinion), but also enables them to show Middle-earth from a different side.
- Gollum will be voiced by actor Wayne Forester, known for his role as Sigfried of Denesle in the first The Witcher game.
- The release of Gollum is planned for this year. We have known this for a long time, but the repetition of this information reduces the risk that the project will suffer another delay. For now, the devs are not ready to give a more specific date.
- There is no collector's edition of the game planned. Instead, a digital Deluxe Edition will be available.
The creators also promised that soon we will learn new details about the gameplay, as well as watch fresh footage.
The game is heading for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
- Daedalic Entertainment - official website