Fan group known as SZM Team has released a new version of Choices of Destiny, a standalone mod built on the foundations of STALKER: Call of Pripyat.
The status of a standalone mod means that it is in practice a free game (similar to e.g. iconic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly), as you do not need to own Call of Pripyat to play it.
- Choice of Destiny - download mod from our FTP site (the authors gave us permission to host a mirror)
- Choice of Destiny - official website
Choices of Destiny - the most important information
- The mod offers a new story campaign. Unlike most mods for this series, the scenario contains a lot of detective elements.
- In addition to the main storyline, the mod also offers many optional side missions.
- After completing the campaign, a free exploration mode will be unlocked.
- Choices of Destiny includes three new major locations.
- The mod also offers many new models for objects in the environment, characters and weapons.
Other notable standalone mods built on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat's engine:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly - the iconic project which combines maps from all three parts of the series and focuses on sandbox survival.
- Anomaly Expeditions - graphically improved version of Anomaly, enriched with many additional features.
- Call of The Zone - this project moves an older mod for Call of Chernobyl on the engine of Pripyat and enriches it with sandbox content including a new campaign and hundreds of side missions.
- The Journey - a mod with an extensive story campaign that takes place in a vastly changed Zone, two decades after the events of the original trilogy.