New version of The Last Alliance: Total War, a Tolkien mod for Total War: Shogun 2 developed by a group led by Sara Tamer, has been released.
The Last Alliance: Total War - what's new in version 0.3.0
New version of the mod was marked with the number 0.3.0 and is called Durin's Folk. The update brings many new features:
- Significantly expanded campaign map, new locations: Khazad-dum, Western Rhovanion, Ered Luin and two new settlements in Angmar.
- The devs added a playable faction of dwarves from Khazad-dum, with unique units, effects and their own tech tree.
- Many bugs were also fixed, elements of the strategy map were beautified and changes were made to the gameplay balance.
As you may know, The Last Alliance: Total War moves the action of the game from medieval Japan to Middle-earth, recreating the conflict from the so-called Second Era of this universe. The project changes most elements of the game, replacing old and adding new units and maps. Also the gameplay mechanics are significantly changed. We can play all this both in single battles and as a part of strategy campaign.
The first version of the project debuted in 2019 and has been growing nicely since then. In January this year, a major update 0.2.7 was released, which rebuilt the building system in the campaign from scratch, eliminating a ton of bugs and making the gameplay much better.
- The Last Alliance: Total War - download mod from our FTP (authors gave us permission to host a mirror)
- The Last Alliance: TW on ModDB