Service StockWatch.pl [in Polish] organized an investor chat with Adam Kicinski and Piotr Nielubowicz of CD Projekt. They talked about the company's current projects.
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is currently being worked on by 330 people. The work is supposed to be in the final stages and the developers are confident that the release will take place this year.
- In turn, project Polaris, which is the new installment of The Witcher, is handled by nearly 200 people at the moment. This team will continue to grow, and the company is keen to recruit experienced developers.
- Polaris is being developed on Unreal Engine 5. One of CD Projekt's teams is working closely with Epic Games to enrich this technology with solutions to facilitate the creation of open-world RPGs with extenssive storyline. Thanks to this the switch to UE5 will not speed up, but also not slow down the work on the new Witcher. Instead, it will strongly facilitate the development of future projects. That's why CD Projekt is planning to release three game from the universe within six years of Polaris' release.
- The company is also working on the so-called GWENTfinity, a set of initiatives to ensure that Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will be able to live without the studio's active involvement, kept alive by the fans themselves.
Unfortunately, we still do not know the exact release date of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. All that is known is that it is due this year. The expansion will hit PC and Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5 consoles.
A few days ago, CD Projekt published a financial report for 2022. It stated that the marketing campaign for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty will launch in June. That's when we should learn more specifics - with the release date at the top - and see fresh footage from the DLC, such as a gameplay footage.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play! (PC version)
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website