author: Adrian Werner
Warcraft Delights in Crusader Kings 3
Crusader Kings 3 owners wanting a change of setting should be interested in the great mod called Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth 2, which brings the game's action to the fantasy world of Blizzard's popular brand.
Crusader Kings 3 is a dream game for medieval lovers, but there is also no shortage of fans who want to move the action to a fantasy setting. We recently wrote about project CK3AGOT inspired by Game of Thrones , and today we want to draw your attention to another excellent modification in the form of Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth 2.
According to the title, the project is a total conversion mod that transports Crusader Kings 3 to the fantasy world of Azeroth known from the games of Blizzard Entertainment. The creators have swapped practically all elements of the game - the map, factions, units, characters and graphical and audio elements. The gameplay was also heavily modified.
- Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth 2 - download the mod from our FTP server
- Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth 2 on Steam Workshop
Game version issue
Currently, the latest version of CK3 is 1.9.0 - updated with the release of the second DLC. Most mods, including Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth 2, only support 1.8.2 for now, so there may be some problems. However, the creators are already working on an update and we shouldn't have to wait long for it.
Azeroth meets CK3
The authors want to recreate the early period of Azeroth's history, focusing on the events of the first three parts of Warcraft and the early eras of WoW. At the moment the project is in alpha stage and has been marked with the number 0.2. There is still a long way to go for the authors, but already the modification is at a level that guarantees a lot of fun.
The ambitions of the developers are huge, but this team is capable of achieving them. After all, the same team a few years ago developed an impressive similar mod to Crusader Kings II called Warcraft: Guardians of Azeroth. CK2 is available in free-to-play model, and this modification does not require any paid DLCs.
CK3 debuted on PC on September 10, 2020. In turn, versions for Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 were released in 2022. The game is also available through Game Pass (on both PC and XSX/S).
- Review – Crusader Kings 3 is a Game without Competition
- Crusader Kings 3 - game guide
- Crusader Kings II: A Game of Thrones - download the mod
Other notable total conversions to Crusader Kings III
If you feel like taking your CK3 into a new reality, we recommend the following mods:
- A Game of Throne - a modification set in the reality of Game of Thrones.
- Apotheosis: The Hellenistic Age - mod takes the action back to ancient times. The project recreates the chaotic but fascinating period from the time of Alexander the Great's death to the formation of the Roman Empire.
- Godherja: The Dying World - A mod set in a new dark fantasy world on the brink of the end times. The Witcher's Realms
- The Witcher's Realms - A total conversion set in the realities of The Witcher saga.