Crusaders Kings 3 is an extensive real-time strategy game focused on managing a medieval dynasty. The player controls subsequent rulers of a specific dynasty. This guide contains many useful tips and tricks that'll help you get into the game.
- Crusader Kings 3: Guide contents
- Crusader Kings 3: Tips and tricks
- Crusader Kings 3: Basics
- Crusader Kings 3: Kingdom management
- Crusader Kings 3: PC system requirements
- Crusader Kings 3: Language versions
Crusader Kings 3: Guide contents
The first pages of the "Basics" chapter discuss the most base information and mechanics of CK3. You'll learn how to start off, get acquainted with the interface and the most important tools you can use to your advantage.
The "Kingdom management" section will teach you how to expand your feudal network, develop your kingdom and protect it from collapse. You'll learn how to easily acquire gold, develop your kingdom and expand its borders without triggering major rebellions or losing the conquered lands.
Crusader Kings 3: Tips and tricks
- Complete the tutorials - Crusader Kings 3 features tutorials on the game's basic mechanics, which will let you gain some practical experience with the game.
- Learn from your mistakes - with how complex CK3 is, you won't learn all the mechanics right away. Many remain hidden until discovered and applied. Experiment and observe the results of your actions to make more informed decisions in the future.
- Use the current situation list - at the top of the interface there's a button with a number, which hides a list of urgent matters. Monitor their status on a regular basis to follow the most important events in the kingdom.
- Use the definition preview mechanic - most text in the game shows a brief clarification when hovered over with a cursor, letting you quickly check an unknown term or mechanic. The text in question is often blue, orange or underlined.
- Do many things at the same time - Many of the actions you'll take are time-consuming. Don't wait for them to end before doing something else. Do not neglect the kingdom's internal affairs when at war and construct many buildings in different counties at the same time. Otherwise you'll just be wasting time and falling behind other principalities and kingdoms.
Crusader Kings 3: Basics
- The main goal of the game - on this page we discuss the player's primary objective and give some suggestions on how to plan out the game.
- Starting the first playthrough - you'll learn how to start the first playthrough and operate the interface to select the ruler.
- Choosing a ruler - here you'll learn about the available scenarios and what to pay attention to when choosing your ruler.
- Interesting starting locations - this page lists the most interesting locations to choose from when starting the game.
- Interface description - this page describes the interface you're dealing with throughout the entire game.
- Map modes - this page talks of the available map modes and how to use them.
- First steps - here, you'll learn how to begin the campaign based on a practical example and how to analyse the kingdom's internal and external situation.
- Difficulty levels - this page lists the available difficulty levels and modifiers.
- Gameplay settings - the next page of the chapter lists all changeable gameplay settings, which let you personalize your campaign to your needs.
Crusader Kings 3: Kingdom management
- Titles - this page describes the mechanics of the title hierarchy in CK3. You'll learn about the available titles and how to use them to expand your empire.
- Vassals - on this page you will learn about the feudal structure, vassal management mechanics and some useful tools to help you easily control the situation in a feudal nation.
- Gold and buildings - here you'll learn how to easily make lots of gold, learn about the different types of buildings and technologies needed to upgrade buildings.
- Types of government - this page lists all the possible governing systems. You'll learn the differences between them, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Council and court - you'll learn how the council and court work, about the councilors and the tools assigned to them.
- Intrigues - this page explains the schemes mechanic. You'll learn how to conduct hostile schemes and what factors affect its success/detection chance.
Crusader Kings 3: PC system requirements
Below you'll find Crusader Kings 3's system requirements. Due to the nature of this game, its system requirements are rather modest, but it's always worth having a look at them. Importantly, Crusader Kings 3 is available not only on Windows but also <br>Apple and GNU/Linux devices.
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 / 10 64-bit;
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 / AMD FX 6350;
- RAM: 6 GB;
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 (1 GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB) / Intel Iris Pro 580 / Intel Iris Plus G7 / AMD Radeon Vega 11;
- Disk space: 8 GB;
Learn more on a separate page: System requirements.
Crusader Kings 3: Language versions
The game is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Spanish. Unfortunately, at the moment the publisher isn't planning to expand on the list of available language versions, but it's worth mentioning that the previous installment in the series had been translated unofficially.
About Crusader Kings 3 Guide
Author : Sebastian "Mushroom" Purtak for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Crusader Kings III Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Paradox Development Studio
- publisher: Paradox Interactive
- platform: PC, PS5, XSX
More About Crusader Kings III
We have selected our favorite strategy games. The choice wasn't easy and the list includes really diverse titles. The vast majority of these should not surprise anyone.
With these games, even if the release price is high, it's not terrible, because they will last for many weeks or even months. We present the most interesting games from 2020, in which you can spend up to a hundred hours.
This year was, quite surprisingly, a year of strategy games, bringing a diverse set of games to cater to all tastes. The question is, which games are worth the most attention?
The dry spell of the summer ends in September – we will see the debuts of many anticipayed hits such as Mafia: Definitive Edition, Marvel's Avengers or early access of Baldur's Gate 3.
The gaming world is beginning to wake up from the pandemic lethargy. The number of releases that will flood us starting from late summer is really impressive. Here are the most interesting games we're expecting in the last months of 2020.