Developed by The Farm 51, network shooter World War 3 has received a big update. The patch prepared the game for the open beta of its refreshed version. These tests are expected to start soon, but for now the developers are not ready to give an exact date.
World War 3 -update highlights
The patch brings a lot of changes:
- Progression speed has been increased by 50%.
- Improved animations have been introduced.
- Weapon mastery has been redesigned to provide faster unlocking of important perks.
- The range of the commander's radio alerts for enemy strikes has been increased to provide more time to react.
- The armor pack has been removed from the game. The equipment pack now restores armor, as well as grenades and gadgets.
- The muzzle velocities of all automatic weapons have been rebalanced.
- Fixed a bug that caused visible recoil of weapons when holstering and equipping them.
- Changed the balance of many weapons.
- Improved the interface.
On Twitter, the developers shared a short video showing the changes in animations:
World War 3 went on sale in early access in October 2018. The game's debut was successful, but technical problems led to a quick decline in player numbers. The developers were forced to to shut down regional servers and eventually the project was pulled from sale on Steam.
Thanks to the cooperation with MY.Games the authors were given the opportunity to resurrect the project. The new version is to offer numerous improvements and changes. Currently the access to closed tests is available on Steam. Purchasers will of course receive the full version after the release.
- World War 3 - official website