This guide to Among Us contains a complete set of information about the game developed by Innersloth Studios. This 2D multiplayer game defies all genre classifications. With our advice, you will become an elusive Impostor and a deductive Crewmate.
One of the larger chapters of our guide to Among Us contains all the tips you need for the game such as things you need to watch out for and pay attention to when playing as both an Impostor and Crewmate. Here, you will find all the basic and advanced information about game mechanics. You will also find a FAQ subsection in which we answer the most frequently asked questions. You will learn, among others, whether Among Us is free, whether Among Us offers cross-play, what tasks better not to pretend to perform, what the electrical missions are about, what the amongus.dev website is about and whether is worth looking out for and how to download the update, which is in beta.
We have also prepared a few smaller chapters and subsections. There you will find, among other things, information on system requirements for Among Us and the controls.
- Tips for beginners
- I have a question and I'm looking for an answer
- PC system requirements
- How to play Among Us for free on PC?
- Available language versions
- Platforms – which ones can run the game?
- Full server – what to do?
Tips for beginners
Here are some tips for people who want to start their adventure with Among Us. For more tips for Among Us, see the Starting tips page.
- Click on the screen to speed up the starting animation, so you can start the game much faster.
- Do not fear being killed, especially when you are just a beginner. You also don't have to walk in a group, as Impostor has a 10-60 second cooldown so it won't kill you straight away.
- Remember to report that you have found the body of another player to avoid any suspicions. There's a good chance that if someone spots you near the body, they'll report you and accuse of being an Impostor.
- When you are an Impostor, you should pretend that you're doing tasks, because someone might accuse you of not doing them. However, be careful not to get caught while pretending.
- Watch out for the cameras in the rooms. If they glow red, it means someone is in a room looking through them and watching what you're doing.
- Use vents to move quickly between locations, but remember that only Impostor can use them. If you see someone who jumped out of it, you will know who the impostor is.
I have a question and I'm looking for an answer
The FAQ section of our guide will help you find the answers to the most pressing questions about Among Us and its mechanics.
- How to play for free? - You will find information about the available versions of Among Us. You will also learn what you need to do to play this title for free.
- Crossplay – is it available? - On this page, you will find out whether Among Us offers crossplay and if so, with which platforms.
- Tasks - which ones you should avoid pretending? On this page, you'll find out which tasks you should avoid pretending to do, as you risk being accused of being an impostor.
- Electrical Tasks – what is it? - You will find out why electrical tasks are both dangerous and difficult to perform.
- Amongus.dev - is it safe? You can read about the amongus.dev website here, you will find out if it is safe and what the consequences are if you download files.
- Beta - how to download? - On this page, you will learn how to download an update to a game that is not yet officially released.
PC system requirements
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4
- RAM: 1 GB
- Graphics card: Intel HD
- Disk space: 250 MB
- Operating System: Windows 7
For more information, see the PC system requirements page in our guide.
How to play Among Us for free on PC?
If you do not want to buy the game or are afraid that you will not like the title, but you do not want to play on a smartphone or other mobile device, you can download BlueStacks to your computer and play Among Us for free through this program.
For more information on this topic, please visit the separate Free to Play – how to play? page of the guide.
Available language versions
Among Us is available in five languages. They are English, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean and Russian.
Platforms – which ones can run the game?
Among Us is available on Steam (PC version) as well as iOS and Android mobile devices.
Full server – what to do?
Recently there has been an issue where players cannot join a room because the server is full. In most cases, this is caused by a huge number of players playing the game simultaneously – the serves aren't able to handle this many people. If you encounter this problem, just keep trying to join that room. After several attempts, you should be able to join.
About Among Us Guide
Author : Dawid "DavideLi" Lubczynski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Among Us Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Innersloth
- publisher: Innersloth
- platform: PC, AND, iOS
More About Among Us
If you have a PC and your friend has a PS4, that doesn't mean you can't play together. There are multiplayer crossplay games that you can still play even if you have different hardware. Here's a list of cross-platform games for 2023.
Not virtuous heroes alone live video games. Some of them allow players to impersonate sinister, wicked characters with very immoral motives. And it is about such productions that we will tell ourselves today.
Availability of games on different platforms is an important thing! It's even better when the production in question offers cross-play. Then, we can play with other people without any restrictions, regardless of what we platform we own.
AAA games aren't the only ones selling millions of copies. The list of indie games that have achieved huge success shows that a good idea and a pinch of luck can make your game a smash hit, regardless of the budget.
Making a hit when the budget is counted in tens of millions of dollars isn't a great feat. Today, we talk about great games that have been successful despite scarce resources, and tiny development teams.