The guide to Forever Skies presents the player with the game's dangerous world of dust. You will learn what steps to take at the beginning of the game, how to meet the basic needs, how to upgrade the airship and discover viruses and cures for them.
This guide is based on version 1.0.2 of the early access.
- Forever Skies: Guide content
- Forever Skies: Quick beginner's guide
- Forever Skies: Basics
- Forever Skies: FAQ
- Forever Skies: Resources
- Forever Skies: PC system requirements
- Forever Skies: Game length
- Forever Skies: Trophies/Achievements
Forever Skies: Guide content
In this guide, we focus on the gameplay mechanics. You will learn how to meet basic needs, i.e. obtain and process food. You will also learn about the dangers that await you in the game world, in particular viruses and ways to cure them. In the basics section, you'll find tips on ship upgrades, equipment, and the Research Station. In addition, we have described all the locations that you will find in the game along with a list of what you can encounter there.
In the Frequently Asked Questions section, we answer questions such as whether you can expand your inventory, how to get a hypothermia booster, how to increase the Airship's carrying capacity, and whether and how you can get a small, friendly companion.
The resources section has all the materials you can find while exploring. We have described how and where to get all the plants and technologies, as well as how to obtain various types of liquids and food.
The guide closes with an appendix in which you will find the most important information about the technical aspects of the game, such as system requirements or its length. We also inform whether you can play Forever Skies on Steam Deck or in Game Pass. We also have a trophy guide.
Forever Skies: Quick beginner's guide
- Use cruise control - during a flight, you can set cruise control (lock speed) and leave the helm to move around the ship and its exterior (e.g. to add fuel).
- Don't be afraid of running out of fuel - if you run out of fuel, the ship will stop in the air without falling to the ground, and fuel can be produced on the ship.
- Explore to get new blueprints - you get them by finding storage media, mainly inside cabinets and on furniture in locations. Scan them to add information about an item to the database.
- Don't waste food - any spoiled food can be re-cooked to make it edible again, at the expense of quality. Food in containers does not spoil.
- Build and use a bed - by using a bed you can speed up the time and regain energy. In addition, by changing the time of day you can take advantage of other benefits: e.g. at night you are not threatened by photophobia.
For more tips, see the Beginner's guide.
Forever Skies: Basics
These pages of the guide describe the most important elements of the game and its mechanics.
- First steps - things you have to do immediately after starting the game to progress to the open world mode.
- Obtaining and cooking food - satisfying the hunger and thirst, as well as recipes and ways of processing food.
- Viruses - information about the types of diseases, methods of prevention and treatment.
- Obtaining resources - this page focuses on the ways to obtain resources.
- Ship upgrades - here you will find a description of the engine and turbines as well as the maximum carrying capacity.
- Map and locations - in Forever Skies, you will find several types of locations that differ from each other, e.g. in resources.
- Research Station and scanning the environment - this page contains a description of one of the most important mechanics in the game, i.e. obtaining new items.
- Recommended Airship equipment - on this page, we have compiled the best equipment that you can install on your Airship.
Forever Skies: FAQ
This section of the guide has answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- Can you increase the inventory? - this page focuses on the backpack that is used for storing items.
- How to increase oxygen supply? - here you will learn how to extend the time you can stay in Underdust.
- How to get hypothermia booster? - we explain step by step how to get a useful hypothermia booster and vertigo virus.
- How to make a ship workstation? - you will learn what you need to make a ship workstation.
- How to make an extractor? - this page of the guide explains how to make a portable extractor.
- How to get and what does the friendly insect do? - you can have a companion in your Airship - this page tells you how to get it and what benefits it brings.
Forever Skies: Resources
Resources are one of the most important elements of this survival game. Below you will find pages where we have included the most important information about them.
- Liquids and food - we list the locations where you can find food and certain items related to satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Plants - here you will learn where to find specific types of flowers and other edible plants.
- Technologies - a list of tech resources and certain devices.
Forever Skies: PC system requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7600 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (or better)
- RAM: 12 GB
- Graphics card: RX 580 8GB VRAM or GeForce GTX 1060 6GB VRAM (or better)
- Operating system: Windows 10 or 11
- Disk space: 31 GB
- DirectX: Version 12
Forever Skies: Game length
It will take 8 to 10 hours to complete the story in Forever Skies in its early access version. You can spend three times as much if you want to discover and craft all the items available in the game.
More information on this topic can be found on a separate page of the guide: Game length.
Forever Skies: Trophies/Achievements
The early access version of Forever Skies does not offer any achievements. However, once they are introduced to the game, you will be able to find out more about them on this page: Trophies/Achievements.
About Forever Skies Guide
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update :
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Forever Skies Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Far From Home S.A.
- publisher: Far From Home S.A.
- platform: PC, PS5, XSX
More About Forever Skies
Diablo 4, Starfield – these will be the big hits of 2023. But the world of games is not only triple-A certainties. These less hyped titles can sometimes turn out to be great. So, here's a list of those less obvious, potential smash hits of 2023.
Polish studio Far From Home creates an ambitious survival game set in a world obscured by deadly dust. What is Forever Skies? Why will the futuristic airship-base be the centerpiece of the game? We ask developers themselves.